Entulho

Distinguindo o trágico do supérfluo

Archive for julho \23\UTC 2016

Nice authorities turn down police request to delete footage of fatal truck attack

Posted by iscariotes em 23 de julho de 2016

Fonte: RT

Nice authorities have turned down the request of French anti-terrorist police to delete footage from surveillance cameras and any other videos which captured the fatal truck attack on Bastille Day.
The request was sent by Anti-Terrorist Sub-Directorate (SDAT), a special police division battling extremism, to the mayor of Nice’s office on Wednesday, according to the paper.

 

Le Figaro managed to obtain the copy of the document in which SDAT, citing articles of the criminal and penal codes, demands the city authorities delete “completely” nearly 24 hours of the attack captured on cameras on the Promenade des Anglais.

“Delete the recordings between July 14, 2016 22:30 and July 15, 2016 18:00,” the documents demands.

The anti-terrorist police named six cameras which recordings should be “particularly” deleted. Plus the city authorities should delete any footage from any camera “that captured the crime scene”, the paper added.

“This is the first time we’ve been asked to destroy evidence [from the attack],” a source close to the city authorities said. “The CCTV center and the city of Nice could be prosecuted for this… Also the officers in charge of the cameras don’t have jurisdiction to engage in such operations.”

Le Figaro reported that the day after the attack police demanded from the city authorities to recover 30,000 hours of CCTV-related events. A backup operation is reportedly ongoing and will take place for several days. Le Figaro source said that the authorities are concerned for the safety of the backup operation with this new demand.

The Prosecutor’s Office in Paris later confirmed the information to Le Figaro, saying that the demand had been made “to prevent the uncontrolled distribution of the images [of the attack].” The office added that “of thousands of surveillance cameras” in Nice, at least 140 of them contain “interesting” elements regarding the attack.

Anti-terrorist police, however, claim that their experts have managed to recover 100 percent of the information from Nice cameras.

On Friday, Nice Matin newspaper reported that the local mayor had refused to answer the call. According to his lawyer, Philippe Blanchetier, the municipality will even ask the prosecutor to keep these pictures “in order not to jeopardize with any other procedures that may emerge beyond the investigation.”

Since the murderous attack in Nice on July 14, numerous photos and videos have emerged in media showing police approaching and shooting at the truck, which plowed into a crowd of spectators, or depicting the aftermath of the Bastille Day assault.

At least 84 people were killed in what has been called in the city’s worst terrorist attack in history. Weapons and grenades were found in the vehicle following the rampage.

The truck driver was later identified as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel. It was revealed that he was a 31-year-old French national who was born in Tunisia.

The attacker was aided by a tight-knit team of associates, who helped him sketch out his plan and acquired weapons for him, Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins said on Thursday.

Em https://www.rt.com/news/352631-police-nice-delete-footage/

Anúncios

Posted in Sem categoria | Leave a Comment »

US and Britain wrangled over Iraq’s oil in aftermath of war, Chilcot shows

Posted by iscariotes em 18 de julho de 2016

Fonte: The Guardian

The US and British governments fought bitterly over control of Iraq’s oil following the toppling of Saddam Hussein, the Chilcot papers show. Tony Blair seemed more concerned than the Americans about any invasion being seen by critics as a war for oil, telling them it would be very damaging if the two countries were seen to “grab Iraq’s oil”.

But Sir David Manning, foreign policy adviser to Tony Blair, told Condoleezza Rice, the US national security adviser, in Washington on 9 December 2002 that Britain still wanted more of the spoils.

“It would be inappropriate for HMG [Her Majesty’s government] to enter into discussions about any future carve-up of the Iraqi oil industry,” he said. “Nonetheless it is essential that our [British] companies are given access to a level playing field in this and other sectors.”

UK government officials called in a team from BP for a briefing about the prospects for the Iraq energy sector on 23 January 2003, two months before the invasion, which ended in May.

Later that year, the British oil company started a technical review of the Rumaila field, the second largest in the world. By 2009 BP had won a service contract to raise production on the field, which has 20bn barrels of recoverable oil.

Edward Chaplin, the British ambassador in occupied Iraq, talked of raising “BP and Shell’s interests” when he held discussions with Iraq’s interim prime minister, Ayad Allawi, on 13 December 2004.

Blair had told the US president, George W Bush, at a meeting mid-invasion on 31 March 2003, that a clearer picture was needed of the shape of a post-Saddam Iraq to “sketch out a political and economic future and dispel the myth that we were out to grab Iraq’s oil”.

Yet a civil service briefing note in the same year for Geoff Hoon – then the UK defence secretary – before talks with his US counterpart, Donald Rumsfeld, discusses the need for “Level playing field: big contracts to rebuild Iraq. Putting UK lives on line. Expect level playing field for UK business in oil and other areas.”

Sir Jeremy Greenstock, UK ambassador to the United Nations, identified budgeting and oil as the two clearest examples of issues on which the UK was not consulted by the US-run coalition provisional authority put in to run Iraq.

“We did not see anything whatsoever in the oil sector; they [the CPA] kept that very closely American, because they wanted to run the oil sector,” he told the Chilcot inquiry, and was quoted in the final report.

Meanwhile, a note between two British civil servants on 6 September 2004, headed “Energy strategy for Iraq”, highlighted that the UK was to take advantage of Iraq, which has some of the world’s largest oil reserves. It said: “Iraq’s energy sector development to be complemented by the increasing involvement of UK firms, leading to sustained investment over the next five to 10 years and substantial business for the UK.”

BP declined to comment.

Em https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/07/us-and-britain-wrangled-over-iraqs-oil-in-aftermath-of-war-chilcot-shows

 

Posted in Economia, Mundo, Política | Leave a Comment »

BOMBSHELL: 28 Pages Prove US Ignored Saudi 9/11 Ties Because They Are US Ally

Posted by iscariotes em 16 de julho de 2016

Fonte: The Antimedia

At long last, the so-called ‘missing’ 28 pagesfrom the Congressional Joint Inquiry into the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, have been released, albeit in redacted form.

While obviously critical information has been obscured from the general public, the evidence remaining appears to show the hijackers and their associates received and had been receiving funds from individuals working for the government of Saudi Arabia—as has long been rumored and intimated.

The redacted report also keenly criticizes failures in communication between the FBI and CIA, which its authors suggest could have been a crucial intelligence breakdown prior to the attacks.

According to the report, with all emphasis added:

“[T]he committees are particularly concerned about the serious nature of allegations contained in a CIA memorandum found by the Joint Inquiry Staff in the files of the FBI’s San Diego Field Office. That memorandum, which discusses alleged financial connections between the September 11 hijackers, Saudi government officials, and members of the Saudi royal family, was drafted by a CIA officer [REDACTED], relying primarily on information from FBI files. The CIA officer sent it to the CTC to determine whether CIA had additional information. He also provided a copy to the FBI agent responsible for the investigation of one of the individuals discussed in the memorandum. Despite the clear national implications of the CIA memorandum, the FBI agent included the memorandum in an individual case file and did not forward it to FBI headquarters. FBI headquarters, therefore, was unaware of statements in the memorandum until the Joint Inquiry brought the memorandum’s implications to the Bureau’s attention [FULLY REDACTED SENTENCE CONCLUDING THAT PARAGRAPH].”

 

Those connections between the planners of the 9/11 attack and members of the Saudi royal family and Saudi government are fleshed out in many of the remaining pages, despite redaction of many obviously telling points. For instance:

“While in the United States, some of the September 11 hijackers were in contact with, or received support and assistance from, individuals who may be connected with the Saudi government. There is information, from FBI sources, that at least two of those individuals were alleged to be Saudi intelligence officers.”

Even more damning, a heavily redacted paragraph suggests the reason, prior to 9/11, the FBI did not focus its investigations of possible terrorist ties of “Saudi nationals in the United States was due to Saudi Arabia’s status as an American ‘ally.’”

Though it appears the Joint Inquiry discovered telling evidence of ties between terrorist actors and the Saudi principals, the report refused to make a definitive statement on the issue due to the limited scope of its investigation.

However, the report states, “it is possible that these kinds of connections could suggest as indicated in a [REDACTED] dated July 2, 2002, ‘incontrovertible evidence that there is support for these terrorists within the Saudi government,’” though that statement is downplayed with a disclaimer there may be legitimate, innocent reasons for those connections.

Another revelation the Joint Inquiry discovered on examining evidence suggested:

“One individual who provided assistance to Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mindhar may be connected to the Saudi Government. A second individual who may have been in contact with al-Hazmi and al-Mindhar also has ties to the Saudi government, including connections to the Saudi Ambassador to the United States. There is reporting in FBI files that persons have alleged that both of these individuals may be Saudi intelligence officers.”

In fact, the hijackers “may have been in contact with other Saudi Government officials in the United States prior to”the attacks, and—perhaps most damning of all—“Saudi Government officials in the United States may have ties to Usama Bin Laden’s terrorist network.”

One subject, in particular, Omar al-Bayoumi, was found to have “extensive ties to the Saudi Government.” Nevertheless, Congress decided not to pursue those allegations any further.

Indeed, the report states:

“Al-Bayoumi had been an accountant at the Saudi Civil Aviation Administration from 1976 to 1993, when he relocated to the United States,” and, further, the FBI found “Al-Bayoumi was in frequent contact with the Emir at the Saudi Ministry of Defense, responsible for air traffic control.”

Al-Bayoumi also received regular payments from the Ministry of Defense through a Saudi company called “Ercan,” and he contacted Saudi government “establishments” in the U.S. “almost 100 times between January and May of 2000.”

At a closed hearing in October 2002, the document notes, a former FBI agent in San Diego testified that al-Bayoumi “acted like a Saudi intelligence officer, in my opinion. And if he was involved with the hijackers, which it looks like he was, if he signed leases, if he provided some sort of financing or payment of some sort, then I would say that there’s a clear possibility that there might be a connection between Saudi intelligence and UBL,” with UBL being the government’s acronym for Usama, or Osama, bin Laden.

nother former agent in charge in San Diego apparently said he received around six reports from individuals who suspected al-Bayoumi “was a Saudi intelligence officer”—but the FBI ultimately somehow found there was not sufficient evidence to conclude as much.

Further lending credence to theories the Saudis may have been directly involved in the attacks, the Inquiry noted:

“In testimony and interviews a number of FBI agents and CIA officers complained to the Joint Inquiry about a lack of Saudi cooperation in terrorism investigations both before and after the September 11 attacks.”

One agent even said the “Saudis had been useless and obstructionist for years” and will “only act when it is in their self-interest.”

These 28 pages certainly seem to indicate the U.S. pursued, targeted, and invaded the wrong country in its choice of Afghanistan and Iraq after the September 11 attacks—as has been widely assumed for some time.

Though no definitive statements are made concerning conclusive proof of Saudi involvement—directly or indirectly—in the planning of 9/11, sufficient information is laid bare to conclude as much. In fact, the evidence calls directly into question exactly why the United States government continues to this day to categorize Saudi Arabia as a ‘trusted ally.’

Em http://theantimedia.org/28-pages-us-ignored-saudi-ties-911/

 

Posted in História, Mundo, Política | Leave a Comment »

Wikileaks: EUA criou curso para treinar Moro e juristas

Posted by iscariotes em 6 de julho de 2016

Fonte: Esquerda Diário

O Wikileaks revelou o informe enviado ao Departamento de Estado norteamericano do seminário de cooperação, realizado em outubro de 2009, com a presença de membros seletos da PF, Judiciário, Ministério Público, e autoridades norteamericanas, no Rio de Janeiro. O Wikileaks é um site especializado por vazar documentos internos do governo americano.

O seminário se chamava “PROJETO PONTES: construindo pontes para a aplicação da lei no Brasil”, em que se tratava de consolidar treinamento bilateral de aplicação das leis e habilidades práticas de contraterrorismo. Promotores e juízes federais dos 26 estados brasileiros participaram do treinamento, além de 50 policiais federais de todo o país. A delegação tupiniquim era a maior dentre os participantes, que contava com participantes do México, Costa Rica, Panamá, Argentina, Uruguai e Paraguai.

O memorando relata o “grande entusiasmo” com que os promotores e juízes federais brasileiros se dissiparam dos temores que o termo “contraterrorismo” desperta em amplos setores – nada mais nada menos o novo discurso com que George W. Bush buscava revestir o direito inalienável do imperialismo norteamericano como “polícia do mundo”, depois da queda do Muro de Berlim e o fim da Guerra Fria com a restauração capitalista na ex-União Soviética, e que fundamentou intervenções militares em todo o Oriente Médio na década de 2000 e a reacionária intervenção norteamericana para frear as primaveras árabes de 2011.

Vê-se perfeitamente a intimidade com que a casta jurídica brasileira trata os termos do chefe imperial.

Vai senão quando, em meio ao informe para o Departamento de Estado, entra o relato de ninguém menos que Sérgio Moro, que discorre sobre os “cinco pontos mais comuns acerca da lavagem de dinheiro no Brasil”. Sem detalhes particulares sobre a exposição do chefe da “República de Curitiba”, o informe mostra que houve acalorados debates em que a equipe de treinamento ianque, virtuosos na patifaria, ensinam os pupilos brasileiros e estrangeiros os segredos da “investigação e punição nos casos de lavagem de dinheiro, incluindo a cooperação formal e informal entre os países, confisco de bens, métodos para extrair provas, negociação de delações, uso de exame como ferramenta, e sugestões de como lidar com Organizações Não Governamentais (ONGs) suspeitas de serem usadas para financiamento ilícito“.

Na seção “Resultados”, o informe da equipe lembra a harmonia que se estabelece quando o tutor dedicado se depara com o aprendiz atento. Lê-se que “os participantes requisitaram treinamento adicional, sobre a coleta de evidências, entrevistas e interrogatório, habilidades usadas nos tribunais”. Este interesse subserviente se explicaria pelo fato de que “a democracia brasileira não alcança 20 anos de idade. Assim, os juízes federais, promotores e advogados brasileiros são iniciantes no processo democrático, não foram treinados em como lidar com longos processos judiciais […] e se encontram incapazes de utilizar eficazmente o novo código criminal que foi alterado completamente”.

Haveria que verificar a opinião dos participantes sobre esta cortês acusação de estupidez por parte dos chefes ianques. Se damos crédito ao informe, aos juristas e promotores brasileiros pouco importava a desconsideração vinda do norte, contanto que “consentissem em ensinar as novas ferramentas, que estão ansiosos em aprender”. Duas metades se completavam. Como dizia o russo Tchernichevsky, um fósforo é frio, assim como o lado de fora da caixa em que é riscado, mas juntos produzem o fogo que aquece a humanidade. Essa é a síntese das relações entre os Estados Unidos e o Poder Judiciário brasileiro.

E para completar a trama atual se desenvolvendo em determinada passagem do documento o informe pede para ministrar cursos mais aprofundados nos seguintes locais: Curitiba, São Paulo e Campo Grande. É de estranhar agora os procedimentos dá chamada “República de Curitiba”?

O relatório se conclui com a idéia de que “o setor judiciário brasileiro claramente está muito interessado na luta contra o terrorismo, mas precisa de ferramentas e treinamento para empenhar forças eficazmente. […] Promotores e juízes especializados conduziram no Brasil os casos mais significativos envolvendo corrupção de indivíduos de alto escalão”. Não admira que, durante estes últimos anos, a cooperação com os Estados Unidos, e mesmo sem ela, tenha incrementado o conhecimento do Judiciário e do Ministério Público acerca dos principais casos de corrupção no país.

Em http://www.esquerdadiario.com.br/Wikileaks-EUA-criou-curso-para-treinar-Moro-e-juristas

 

Posted in Brasil, Mundo, Política | Leave a Comment »